This privacy statement demonstrates how Oswaldtwistle Mills Business & Conference Centre are firmly committed to your privacy and the protection of your information. We never make your personal details available to third party companies outside Oswaldtwistle Mills and the companies listed under Oswaldtwistle Mills for marketing purposes; however our representatives may hold your data so that your order can be processed and account maintained.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites.
- When you purchase a service in store or by phone
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in our centre.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When you use our car parks and shops which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and Partners. These systems may record your image during your visit. We may also record your car’s number plate. As sometimes we use these if we have an incident.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
If you decide to sign up to sign up to our mailing list to receive postal marketing and promotional material, digital email newsletters or if you enter any of our competitions, we may collect the following information:
- Name and Title
- Home address
- Contact information including telephone and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We send weekly promotional emails about news & special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
You may opt out at any time. Please see the section on opting out below. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and encrypted to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
A cookie is a small file that websites put on your computer, mobile device or tablet. Their job is to recognise you and notify the website when you’ve returned, and they are most commonly used for recording information about websites you have visited and possibly what you viewed, bought or linked to while there. We also use social media & advertising cookies.
Analytics Cookies These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors come from and the pages they visited, so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you is free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Oswaldtwistle Mills holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer, Oswaldtwistle Mills Business & Conference Centre, Clifton Mill, Pickup Street, Oswaldtwistle, BB5 0EY, or email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our Customer Services team.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Write to the Data Protection Officer, Oswaldtwistle Mills Business & Conference Centre, Clifton Mill, Pickup Street, Oswaldtwistle, BB5 0EY
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Managing your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties i.e brands in store which we think you may find interesting. You can opt out of these messages at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please inform us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Clifton Mill, Pickup Street,